This is a great time of year to review the goals you and I set in January. I asked myself many questions that led me to my goals for 2016. I also looked at my goals as a map. Here's my update:
• Follow the map – I can say that because I have reviewed my (Fitness, Family, Faith, Business and Other) goals, I got a new strategy to reach them. Some of the goals I set have already been accomplished but there are many others that are in the process. Following the map I set for myself is a sure way to get to my destination.
• Expect Detours – who you're telling? Detours have been the word of the year therefore, the need for new strategies. I know there is a lesson in dealing with detours on the way to reaching my goal. I have learned not to get mad at the detour in a way that it paralyzes my progress. As I expect detours I become more flexible and even more determined to reach my goal.
Here are the three questions I asked myself before setting my goals. I believe they are still relevant now:
• What do I most want to be thankful for one year from now? - I want to be thankful that I invested in my family and in my health. I want to be thankful that I was able to help others through my career.
• Which activities in my schedule aren’t delivering the results I want? - This is a tough one but so worth evaluating. I find that this tough decisions can catapult me into my goals.
• Are you buying what you’re selling? - I am. I totally get the fact that after God, family is the most important thing to me. I totally buy the fact that health is important and it's imperative to invest in it. If I can make it fun (my definition of fun is running marathons), even better!
I want to challenge you to review your goals and to ask yourself the questions that will catapult you to your destination. It's worth it because you are worth it my friend. Have a great day!
Previously in this series:
• Goals as a Map
• 2016 Goals you can Reach
• Mid-Year Goals Update 2015