1. What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before?
I sang the National Anthem before the Bel Inizio 10k 5K Giving Thanks race. Oh, I visited California for the first time. Epic stuff!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I set goals and by the grace of God a lot of them were reached. I already wrote my goals for next year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No but they're about to!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year.
5. What countries did you visit?
Zero (again) but I renewed my passport.
6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2017?
A greater contentment with who I am where I am as in, I'm okay with cleaning the toilet and mopping the floors.
7. What dates from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The end of two big assignments. They were difficult yet, I grew in character.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Seeing my family well and doing what God has called them to do.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not arriving at my peaceful place quicker. I don't see it as failure but the natural process of my life.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I got dehydrated and went to the hospital for some IV fluids.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Tickets to a few December Christmas shows. My family really enjoyed that experience!
12. Where did most of your money go?
Giving and debt reduction.
13. What did you get really excited about?
My dreams and goals.
14. What song will always remind you of 2016?
Every song Zeke composed.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
• happier or sadder? Happier
• thinner or fatter? I'm not gonna be hard on myself.
• richer or poorer? Richer in grace!
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Less worrying. I actually made progress in this area.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Suffering because of the unhappiness of others.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Our family had a laid back day at home. Super nice and Jesus focused.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
I'm sticking with the classics: The Waltons.
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Other than the Bible? I think the latest John and Lisa Bevere.
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
My husband’s music.
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
I hardly ever go to the movies. It's been Netflix and Amazon Video driven around here.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Zeke and the kids always do a great job celebrating me. I love them with all my heart! I also had a birthday party with friends over, which I always love.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More application of the lessons I know now. Finding peace quicker makes life easier.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
As close to my Pinterest board as I can for a steal.
26. What kept you sane?
Jesus, Zeke, rest, running.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016.
There are different seasons in life. The quicker I agree with the season I'm in, the better it gets. No use in wearing summer closes in winter. Resting is everything because God moves through peace.
Previously in this Series