• A higher education degree doesn't come without the process of attending classes, studying, passing exams and turning in papers on a timely manner;
• A clean house doesn't come without the process of getting down on the floor and picking up everything that's out of place and returning it to its own home;
• A good marriage doesn't come without the process of love being a daily decision;
• A marathon doesn't come without the process of signing up, training and having the proper gear and mindset;
• A trip to a foreign country doesn't come without the process of applying for a visa, vaccines and any other requirements that will lead you to your destination.
I see goals the same way: you can't have them without the process of acquiring them. The process is the least sexy part of achieving a goal. If your goal is to eat more vegetables and fruits, chopping mustard greens after you carefully washed them is part of the process. No one, absolutely no one (well, maybe a few of you) thinks that's a worthy social media moment. The results tough, they get the selfie every time.
You can't have results without the process. The process is that "no filter" moment when you decide that what you want is worth your time, effort and discipline. I know you want results my friend. I just want to encourage you to embrace the process. When you embrace the process, you are saying "I'm not afraid of the person I will become."