"behold, I now do according to your word. Behold, I give you a wise and discerning mind, so that none like you has been before you and none like you shall arise after you." 1 Kings 3:12 (ESV)
I'm "parked" in 1 Kings 3 because I'm preparing a devotional on wisdom. The word of God is so incredibly rich and it helps me beyond measure. I desperately need wisdom in my life right now. I don't know how in the world I can live without it. The more I read the Bible, the more I realize my deep need for Godly wisdom.
I'm not talking about wisdom for choosing an outfit for the day but wisdom for choosing right from wrong. The stuff I'm dealing with is more like:
• I clearly heard that comment. Should I get offended? Should I change the way I treat this person?
• Ouch, that was hurtful and I don't deserve that accusation. Should I internalize that stuff?
• Rejection keeps knocking me down. Do I quit or do I go on as planned?
• It feels that those against me are greater than those who are for me. Is this for real?
Human wisdom can only help so much. God, who is infinite in wisdom, is the key to my every question. There are also other areas of life where my demand for wisdom never ceases such as marriage, parenting and health. I don't see how I can make progress in life without God's wise perspective.
I feel very much like a student. I just need to know and I am glad I have a Heavenly Father who gives wisdom liberally and generously (James 1:5). The story of Solomon is less about fame and fortune and more about a God who is so willing to give wisdom to you and I. It seems that all I need to do is ask and obey.
Thanks for your prayers and encouragement! The Houston marathon is a wrap! I am working on a video recap for you. Send me your questions will you? Thanks for following my marathon journey. I am now in marathon recovery mode. I look forward to encouraging you in your health goals here at SimplyCintia.com where we spread hope online, one post at a time. Have a great day!
I'm running the Houston Marathon this morning (pray for me) so I thought I'd share with you 7 Bible verses that will help me get to the finish line.
1. "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
2. "no evil shall be allowed to befall you, no plague come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways." Psalm 91:10-11
3. "The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1
4. "Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" 2 Cor. 3:5
5. "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:9
6. "but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31
7. "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you." Psalm 32:8
Our wedding day in Lake Junaluska, North Carolina. There was a total of 9 people there and it was wonderful!
Our family was born 9 years ago. We exchanged vows and started the journey that led us here. It hasn't been easy but it has been worth it. We thought it'd be fun but it's been more than fun. I have learned that you are reliable. You are faithful, true and amazingly supportive. We are your priority. You show that by choosing us over and over again over other things on your platter. You have been flexible and understanding of the different seasons of marriage. You have been an example I follow in just adapting with joy knowing that the God who created marriage knows just how we can be successful at it.
It has been fun. We've experienced a lot of firsts together and the joy I have is that there are more adventures waiting for us.
It has been challenging. We have been through tough seasons that helped us grow. I appreciate you for your commitment to our marriage and our family.
Today I thank God for the gift that you are. Today I realize that as our family was born, the foundation of life for our children also started. Thank you for loving me and for being the best blessing that God gave me this side of heaven. I love you more than words can say. Happy anniversary dear husband! You are a constant source of joy. Let's celebrate!